What is Deep Tissue Massage?
The Deep Tissue Massage is the therapy that applied deeper pressure on the muscle fibers to release chronic muscle tensions. The therapist focuses on the deepest layers of the muscles, tendons, and fascia, which can reduce the pain and help them in leading a healthy life. The professional practitioners apply harder pressure on the muscles releasing the knots & tensions from the key area.
What are the benefits of this massage therapy?
- • The benefits of the deep tissue massage are huge and some of them are given below.
- • It treats the chronic back pain and other pain from the neck areas, waist, arms, legs and more.
- • It helps the individuals to get rid of the sports injuries, inflammation caused due to overuse of the muscles, training, and performance during the sports competition.
- • The therapy relieves the people from the Piriformis syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Tennis elbow, Postural problems, Sciatica, Arthritis, and Osteoarthritis pain.
- • It lessens the pain and makes the movement of the muscle easier.
- • This approach balances the blood pressure of the body and stabilizes the heart rate.
What are the special techniques used?
There are basically two techniques used- Neuromuscular therapy (NMT) and Myofascial treatment. The NMT technique focuses on balancing the central nervous system with the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones of the body. Whereas, the Myofascial therapy concentrates on stretching of the tissues that surround the bones, organs, and muscles. To break the scar tissues, a deeper pressure is applied to increase the flow of energy and blood in that area.